Building Confidence Course (Level 1B)
This course develops cycle control skills and builds up confidence to ride off road.
Book a one to one, get your own group together or keep an eye open for our group courses advertised on our homepage and facebook site
Trainees receive a certificate on completion of the course and a level 1 badge if they manage all the skills to a competent level.
Level 1 Training Venues
We currently use training sites in Halstead, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Robertsbridge, and Hastings.
|No. of people||Duration||Cost|
|Over 6|| ||Price on application|
Level 1 skills
- Demonstrate an understanding of bike safety equipment and clothing
- Carry out a simple bike check
- Get on and off the bike without help
- Start off and pedal without help
- Stop without help
- Ride along without help for roughly one minute of more
- Make the bike go where they want
- Use gears (where present)
- Stop quickly with control
- Manoeuvre safely to avoid objects
- Look all around including behind, without loss of control
- Control the bike with one hand
- Share space with pedestrians and other cyclists